User talk:Jon Davies (WMUK)
Hello! Welcome to the website of Wikimedia UK, the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation. To find out more about us, please take a look at the Main Page, and help and advice for editors (particularly those inbound from WMF projects such as Wikipedia) can be found at Help:Contents. If you haven't already, please consider joining us and getting involved with some of our activities or, if you lack the time, donating instead. If you have any questions, please let me know. Mike Peel 23:03, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
Freedom of information request
No Jon Davies WMUK 09:59, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
Wikimedia UK Annual Conference 2012
I'm writing to let you know that WikiConference UK 2012 is coming up, on Saturday 12 May 2012, in London. Some time ago you indicated that you are interested in attending the event. If this is still the case please help us in planning for the event by registering at http://donate.wikimedia.org.uk/wikicon12. The conference will incorporate both presentations and talks about Wikipedia/Wikimedia, as well as Wikimedia UK's Annual General Meeting. It is free to attend. If you have any questions please contact Daria Cybulska on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 065 0994. Hope to see you there! Richard Symonds (talk) 15:09, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
No beer with the pizza?
It's the boss's job to order a beer so that everyone else feels able to do so. You're letting your staff down, Jon! (Although, I did find understanding that pension scheme's accounts this afternoon rather more difficult that usual owing to the two pints of ale at lunchtime, so you might be on to something...) --Tango (talk) 20:24, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
Webcasted board meetings
Hi Jon. I have asked for verification that the WMUK board meetings are webcast. I am getting the run around by a trustee who first tells me to talk to Richard (which I did) and now he says I should talk to you. So, please see Water cooler#Webcasted board meetings. John Vandenberg (talk) 09:13, 30 September 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, I have already explained that rather than annoying John by answering his questions I would leave it to others. Calling that a "run around" seems a surprising description coming from the Australian Chapter President as a public allegation against a current UK Chapter Board member. However, to avoid this becoming a larger issue, I'll put that down as a personal slip rather than taking this as a statement from the Australian Chapter. As for questions appropriate to the CEO, such as private investigations into the probity of past board members, versus questions about releasing video files onto commons that might be answered by our Office Manager, I thought the distinction was self evident, apologies for making that assumption and I shall do better to explain more fully in future. Thanks --Fæ (talk) 09:51, 30 September 2012 (UTC)
- Simple answer some have been and the intention would be for them all to be. It has been a matter of having the right technical people in the right places at the right time. If you are interested in the technical specs so you can do the same for your chapter contact pigsonthewing. If you want quick answers to questions email me directly. Jon Davies WMUK (talk) 10:05, 30 September 2012 (UTC)
- I am not interested in reproducing webcasting of board meetings in Australia at this time. We have a few other challenges to tackle first. The WMAU board is located in Jakarta and Hobart (5691 kms apart) and Perth and Brisbane (4332 kms apart) and Melbourne and Canberra.
- I dont think quick answers are needed for the issue I have raised on the Water cooler; good answers, and public answers, are needed. Mike Peel has been kind enough to provide some answers. A few more are needed, but it is now in good hands. John Vandenberg (talk) 11:41, 30 September 2012 (UTC)
I based my comment about membership on the phrase "Your membership status will be confirmed to you shortly following the next board meeting" on the joining page. I filled in the joining form on Thursday and got a Paypal confirmation the same day, but I haven't had anything else yet so I assumed that my membership status was still pending. Thryduulf (talk:local | en.wp | en.wikt) 11:11, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, we need to update the joining page. The Board has delegated to Jon the responsibility to approve memberships (as we have never yet rejected a membership application, and if there were grounds to do so it would be unlikely that we spotted them in a Board meeting), but I don't think the form reflects that yet. The Land (talk) 12:02, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
What do you reckon?
Lovely and colourful.
Hello, Jon Davies WMUK (talk) how are you again, it is my hope that you're fine and I official need your mutual support to the Wikimania 2016 Bid and if our City selected we'll still need that support. hopping that you'll do Manawa|TalkEducation First 7:47, 19 November 2014 (UTC)