WikiConference UK 2012
WikiConference UK 2012
The Conference is now over. Many thanks for everybody who attended and helped make it a success. If you attended please give us feedback by completing the following survey: https://docs.google.com/a/wikimedia.org.uk/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFU5dWdJRXJ2SmxVaWV4LUstY3E3SlE6MQ
The Wikimedia UK Annual Conference 2012 was held on May 12 in the Directors' Suite at the Science Museum in London. The conference incorporated both presentations and talks about Wikipedia/Wikimedia, as well as Wikimedia UK's Annual General Meeting.
The event has been recorded.
The community reflections have been gathered on wiki.
It was one half of a London Wiki weekend, the second half being our 57th London meetup.
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Saturday 12th[edit | edit source]
To see all the talks that have been submitted, please visit here.
|9.30||Gathering for tea and biscuits|
|09.50||Jon Davies||5-year strategy development planning, to take place throughout the day|
(Organiser & Chair: Mike Peel)
|10.00||Chris Keating||Wikimedia and World War I (Slides)|
|10.15||Joscelyn Upendran||Creative Commons|
|11.00||Dan Evans||Science Museum initiative|
|11.15||John Byrne||Wiki Loves Monuments (Slides)|
(put in questions for the GLAM panel)
|12:15||Roger Bamkin||UK Wikimedian of the Year 2012|
|12.30||Lunch break - light lunch provided|
|Tour of the Science Museum - please bring a camera|
|13.30||Wikimedia UK AGM|
|13.30||Mike Peel||Approval of minutes
2011 AGM, 2011 EGM
|14.00||Tellers||Election Hustings and Voting|
|14.45||Roger Bamkin||Board Report for 2011-2012|
|15.00||James Farrar||Discussion over the voting process|
|15.10||Tellers||Announcement of the election results|
|15.15||Short break for tea/coffee|
(Organiser & Chair: Roger Bamkin)
|15.30||Anna Powell Smith||Domesday|
|15.45||Rob McKinnon||Who's Lobbying for wikipedia editors: ()|
|16.00||Philip Sheldrake and Neville Hobson||Wikipedia and Public Relations (Video, Slides)|
|16.15||David Haskiya||Europeana and GLAM (Slides)|
|16.30||Tom Morris||OpenStreetMap for Wikimedians ( )|
|16.45||Fæ and Jon Davies||Wrap-up & outcome of planning|
|17.00||Close of meeting|
|17.15||First meeting of new board. Others retiring to a nearby pub in typical wikimeet style.|
Sunday 13th[edit | edit source]
- AM Possible early start to the London meetup, and Wikimania 2014/Planning meeting
- 13:00 Normal London Meetup at 1pm in the Penderel's Oak.
Accommodation / wi-fi nearby[edit | edit source]
The Science Museum has free public wifi available.
The Science Museum Conference Centre recommends using this site for hotel bookings if you need to stay overnight.
There are a number of cafes with free wi-fi in the area, for example
Attendees[edit | edit source]
There was a registration page available. Alongside, attendees were able to indicate their interest below:
- User:cja1999 12th May AGM plus another.
- Seven board members
- --Filceolaire 13:22, 29 January 2012 (UTC) Can cover my own costs to London. Can help with organising.
- Jon Davies WMUK 14:33, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
- Sam Downie Samdownie (talk) 14:25, 1 May 2012 (UTC) - Saturday only. Going to be working with the Comms doing Webcasts and audio recordings / archive of event sessions.
- Count me in :) --ErrantX 12:24, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- Jukesie 12:41, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers 12:48, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- Miyagawa 12:51, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- Dougweller 14:22, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- Haidee Bell
- Assistance with travel costs would be appreciated. Harry Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 14:55, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- Harry Wood 15:23, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- Anna Powell-Smith
- David Haskiya
- James Knight - No travel costs required
- Richard Symonds 15:34, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- User:Senra Looking for lift from Cambridge to London or a contribution to travel costs --Senra 17:38, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- Steve Bowbrick
- Michael Corbett - Saturday only.
- LondonStatto 00:38, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- Andy Mabbett - Saturday only. Happy to speak (on microformats as suggested above; or my GLAM activities, or... ), or help on the day.
- Mrjohncummings (talk) 17:49, 27 February 2012 (UTC) happy to talk about Monmouthpedia if wanted, maybe just Saturday, not sure yet.
- Likely. It happens to be the lovely weekend between my exams and summer term projects! Deryck Chan (talk) 21:09, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
- RexxS (talk) 15:05, 1 March 2012 (UTC) - I'm leaving Tipton at 06:15 and driving via Coventry and the M1 to Stanmore Tube Station (returning Sunday evening after London meetup). A day ticket from Stanmore costs £8-50. I am able to give lifts along the route, so let me know. Happy to talk about accessibility issues.
- Johnbod (talk) 13:57, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
- Daria Cybulska (talk) 09:47, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
- Leutha (talk) 11:32, 12 March 2012 (UTC) (I will be late however)
- Dsvyas (talk) 00:59, 17 March 2012 (UTC) - Can do both days.
- Mum's taxi (talk) 22:24, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Yaris678 13:28, 19 March 2012 (UTC) -
Think I should be able to do then.I will be there. I'm speaking! Yaris678 (talk) 12:23, 11 May 2012 (UTC)
- Mr impossible (talk) 17:11, 22 March 2012 (UTC) - It's in the book
- Atomland (talk) We'd like to help by covering the event as we did for the London Web Summit and the ORGcon recently - 14.15, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
- Joscelyn Upendran
- --Stevie Benton (talk) 15:55, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
- Andrew Davidson (talk) 10:47, 11 May 2012 (UTC)
- Tony Scott