Reports 11May13/Minutes review
Background[edit | edit source]
At the board meeting on 9 October 2012 I was given the action:
Additionally, the governance review that is currently taking place highlighted some inaccuracies in past board minutes, and when I was working through past board minutes I found some other inaccuracies that should be corrected. In order to jointly take into account the actions placed upon me, my duties as secretary, and to try to minimise the workload for other trustees, I have set out this set of public recommendations, which incorporates the two lists requested above.
This is an updated version of the review that takes into account the minutes noted/approved at the 9-10 Feb 2013 board meeting.
Please raise any queries or requests for modification of these recommendations on the talk page or if need be with myself by email, so that as complete a decision as possible can be made at this board meeting.
Recommendation[edit | edit source]
I recommend that the Board:
- Approves the minutes where indicated below in the 'Details' section.
- Decides on what to do with the minutes of the FDC-related discussion on 17 Nov 2012 without my involvement
- Approves the relocation of in-camera minutes to the office (remaining in-camera) or public (releasing publicly) wikis as indicated below in the 'Details' section.
- Caveats this approval to ensure that past boards are happy with the changes made to minutes recorded during their terms.
- Actions myself to relocate the in-camera minutes as appropriate (staging the minutes on the office wiki where they are being publicly released from the board wiki, so that the office can provide input on their release), to mark newly approved minutes accordingly, and to note that changes have been made to minutes previously approved.
Details[edit | edit source]
The meetings have been recorded in reverse chronological order below. They have been recorded asRecommendation, Discuss, To come
|Ref||Meeting||Public minutes||In-camera minutes||Approved?||Topics covered in-camera||Recommendation|
|R0||Agenda 9Feb13||Minutes 9Feb13||Office Board||TBC||Doing...|
|R1||Agenda 24Jan13 (Exec)||Minutes 24Jan13||Board||Board; GLAM-WIKI 2013||No change|
|R2||Agenda 8Jan13||Minutes 8Jan13||Board||QRpedia||No change|
|R3||Agenda 18Dec12 (Exec)||Minutes 18Dec12||Office||Update on QRpedia progress; Wikimania update and potential legal structures||No change|
|R4||Agenda 17Nov12||Minutes 17Nov12||Office
|Office: In-camera actions; Membership approvals; FDC draft recommendation. Board: Keep in-camera; Move to the public wiki||Clarify and approve minutes. Release board 'Move to the public wiki' points. Keep remainder in-camera.|
(ACTION: CK to deal with 'FDC draft recommendation' section)
Discuss Clarify "CK proposed that the aforementioned documents - Garfield's Report and the reply to it - are released on Tuesday (20 November 2012). [not my recollection, JB]"
Discuss Clarify "Action JB to put forward a proposal on train the trainers potential income issue. [??was I? JB]"
|R5||Agenda 17Oct12 (Exec)||Minutes 17Oct2012 (holding page)||Office||Intro; QRpedia / Monmouthpedia; Finance; Budget responsibilities; Key performance indicators; Reports and report timetable; Gibraltar; Fundraising system / Technology; GLAM coordination; Stone King||Approve minutes. Release all excluding section 'Gibraltar'.|
|R6||Agenda 9Oct12||Minutes 9Oct12||Board||Report; Terms; Appointment of reviewer; Recommendation 6||Approve minutes.|
Discuss Keep in-camera sections on the board wiki
|R7||Agenda 25Sep12||Minutes 25Sep12 (empty page)||Office||Conflicts of interest; Fundraiser||Approve minutes.|
Discuss Keep detailed minutes in-camera but release a summary of them publicly (see office talk page.
|R8||Agenda 19Sep12||Minutes 19Sep12||N/A||Approve minutes|
|R9||Agenda 8Sep12||Minutes 8Sep12
Minutes 8Sep12/Strategy day
|R10||Agenda 21Aug12||Minutes 21Aug12||Office||QRpedia||Approve minutes.|
Release in-camera minutes
|R11||Agenda 26Jul12||Minutes 26Jul12||Office||Chair|| Doing... Approve minutes|
Release in-camera minutes.
|R12||N/A||Notes 14Jul12||None||N/A||Approve minutes|
|R13||Agenda 30Jun12||Minutes 30Jun12||Office||keep section "In-camera topics" on the office wiki, release sections "Other areas deferred" and "QRpedia"|
|R14||Agenda 12May12b||Minutes 12May12b||No change|
|R15||Agenda 12May12||Minutes 12May12||Doing... pending list of new members approved at the meeting|
|R16||Agenda 8May12||Minutes 8May12||Office||Membership Approvals; QRpedia||Keep Membership Approvals in-camera on the office wiki; release QRpedia.|
Approve minor corrections as per .
|R17||Agenda 21Apr12||Minutes 21Apr12||Office
|Correct agenda and minutes to indicate that Fæ was chairing rather than Roger (as highlighted by the governance review)|
|R18||Agenda 15Apr12||Minutes 15Apr12||No change|
|R19||Agenda 27Mar12||Minutes 27Mar12||Office||New members; QRpedia; Chapter-selected board seats||Keep New members; Chapter-selected board seats in-camera|
Release QRpedia section
|R20||Agenda 3Mar12||Minutes 3Mar12||No change|
|R21||Agenda 11Feb12||Minutes 11Feb12||Office
|R22a||Agenda 26Jan12||Minutes 26Jan12||Office||Doing...|
|R22b||Agenda 24Jan12||Minutes 24Jan12||No change|
|R23||Agenda 3Jan12||Minutes 3Jan12||Office||Doing...|
|R24||Agenda 14Dec11||Minutes 14Dec11||Correct 'TD' to 'Terence Eden' (as highlighted by the governance review)|
|R25||Agenda 19Nov11||Minutes 19Nov11||Board||Membership; Staff||Move membership to office wiki, keep 'Staff' on board wiki|
|R26||Exec||Exec Minutes 11Nov11||No change|
|R27||Agenda 1Nov11 (Exec)||Minutes 1Nov11||No change|
|R28||Agenda 16Oct11||Minutes 16Oct11||Board||Membership||Move to office wiki|
|R29||Agenda 11Oct11||Minutes 11Oct11||Board||In-camera reports||Move to office wiki|
|R30||Agenda 18Sep11 (Exec)||Minutes 18Sep11||No change|
|R31||Agenda 27Aug11||Minutes 27Aug11||Office
|Office: Johnbod presentation on the charity application; Fæ spreadsheet on GLAM draft budget
|Public minutes: approve minor changes as per |
Office minutes: Keep on office wiki
Board minutes: Doing...
|R32||Agenda 9Aug11||Minutes 9Aug11||Board||Copy of public minutes, with extra details||Doing... MP to tidy in-camera minutes|
|R33||Agenda 25Jul11||Minutes 25Jul11||Board||Charity application||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R34||Agenda 9Jul11 (Exec)||Minutes 9Jul11||No change|
|R35||Agenda 11Jun11||Minutes 11Jun11||Board||Charity status||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R36||Agenda 20May11 (Exec)||Minutes 20May11||No change|
|R37||Agenda 26Apr11||Minutes 26Apr11||Board||Membership||Approve minor changes as per |
Move in-camera minutes to office wiki
|R38||Agenda 16Apr11b||Minutes 16Apr11b||No change|
|R39||Agenda 16Apr11a||Minutes 16Apr11a||Board||Membership||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R40||Agenda 8Apr11||Minutes 8Apr11||No change|
|R41||Agenda 1Mar11||Minutes 1Mar11||Board||Membership||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R42||Agenda 5Feb11||Minutes 5Feb11||Board||New members; Foundation relations||Approve changes to public minutes as per .|
Discuss what to do with the in-camera minutes
|R43||Agenda 4Jan11||Minutes 4Jan11||No change|
|R44||Agenda 7Dec10||Minutes 7Dec10||No change|
|R45||Agenda 2Nov10||Minutes 2Nov10||No change|
|R46||Agenda 22Oct10||Board||Fundraiser||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R47||Agenda 5Oct10||Minutes 5Oct10||No change|
|R48||Agenda 11Sep10||Minutes 11Sep10||Board||Actions||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R49||Agenda 10Aug10||Minutes 10Aug10||Board||GLAM-WIKI||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R50||Agenda 20Jul10||Minutes 20Jul10||Board||GLAM-WIKI organizer hire; Fundraiser||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R51||Agenda 29Jun10||Minutes 29Jun10||No change|
|R52||Agenda 8Jun10||Minutes 8Jun10||No change|
|R55||Meetings/2010-04-24/Agenda||Meetings/2010-04-24||Doing... Need to find if minutes exist for meeting.|
|R56||Meetings/2010-04-13/Agenda||Meetings/2010-04-13||Doing... Need to find if minutes exist for meeting.|
|R57||Meetings/2010-03-30/Agenda||Meetings/2010-03-30||Doing... Need to find if meeting records exist (missing Meetings/2010-03-30/IRC?)|
|R58||Meetings/2010-03-16/Agenda||Meetings/2010-03-16||Doing... Need writing from Meetings/2010-03-16/IRC|
|R59||Meetings/2010-03-02/Agenda||Meetings/2010-03-02||Doing... Minutes incomplete, need to find if records of remainder of meeting exist|
|R63||Meetings/2009-12-29/Agenda||Meetings/2009-12-29||Board||Membership||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R67||Meetings/2009-11-03/Agenda||Meetings/2009-11-03||Doing... Need to find if minutes exist for meeting.|
|R68||Meetings/2009-10-30/Agenda||Meetings/2009-10-30||Office||Fundraising Agreement; Fundraising logistics||Doing... In-camera minutes need formatting, then approve and release.|
|R71||Meetings/2009-09-29/Agenda||Meetings/2009-09-29||Board (logs)||Fundraiser||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R73||Meetings/2009-09-01/Agenda||Meetings/2009-09-01||Board (logs)||Membership||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R74||Meetings/2009-08-18/Agenda||Meetings/2009-08-18||Board (logs)||Membership||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R84||Meetings/2009-05-12/Agenda||Meetings/2009-05-12||Board (Minutes) Board (logs)||Chapters agreement||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R85||Meetings/2009-05-05/Agenda||Meetings/2009-05-05||Board (logs)||Chapters agreement||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R88||Meetings/2009-04-20/Agenda||Meetings/2009-04-20||Board (logs)||WMF partnership; WMF board nominations||Move WMF partnership to office wiki; keep WMF board nominations on board wiki.|
|R89||Meetings/2009-04-18/Agenda||Meetings/2009-04-18||Board (logs)||Membership approval; GLAM||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R90||Meetings/2009-04-14/Agenda||Meetings/2009-04-14||Board (logs)||chapters-l subscriptions||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R91||Meetings/2009-04-07/Agenda||Meetings/2009-04-07||Board (logs)||Membership approval; Phorm; chapter agreement; WMF board nominations|| Discuss Retroactively approve, or mark as unapproved?|
Move all but WMF board nominations to the office wiki; keep WMF board nominations on board wiki.
|R92||Meetings/2009-03-31/Agenda||Meetings/2009-03-31||Doing... Place an action on RS+MP to write minutes according to the record at Meetings/2009-03-31/IRC.|
|R93||Meetings/2009-03-30/Agenda||Meetings/2009-03-30||Board (logs)||WMF board nominations||Keep discussions on the Board wiki.|
|R94||Meetings/2009-03-16/Agenda||Meetings/2009-03-16||Board (logs)||Membership||Approve correction to indicate that the minutes approved were those from the 10th Mar 2009 rather than the 2nd Mar 2009 .|
Move in-camera minutes to office wiki.
|R95||Meetings/2009-03-10/Agenda||Meetings/2009-03-10||Board (logs)||WMF board nominations, Membership||Keep WMF board discussions on the Board wiki.|
Move membership discussions to the office wiki.
|R97||Meetings/2009-02-17/Agenda||Meetings/2009-02-17||Board (logs)||Membership||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R98||Meetings/2009-02-10/Agenda||Meetings/2009-02-10||Approve correction to indicate that the minutes approved were those from the 2nd Feb 2009 rather than the 19th Jan 2009 |
|R99||Meetings/2009-02-02/Agenda||Meetings/2009-02-02||Board (logs)||AGM tellers||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R105||Meetings/2008-12-01/Agenda||Meetings/2008-12-01||Board (logs)||Membership||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R106||Meetings/2008-11-25/Agenda||Meetings/2008-11-25||Board (logs)||Wikimania bid||Move in-camera minutes to office wiki|
|R112||Meetings/2008-10-13/Agenda||Meetings/2008-10-13||Approve correction to indicate that the minutes approved were those from the 7th Oct 2008 rather than the 2nd Oct 2008 |